After the success of the lobby/atrium renovation at Atrium II, our Project Management Office (PMO) turned its sights across the street to Atrium I, another building in need of modernization.
Acting as Project Manager, the PMO oversaw all aspects of the renovation:
- Translating the Landlord’s intent into a conceptual design
- Leading the consulting team to develop, review and issue tender drawings
- Managing building permit applications
- Coordinating construction, including site inspections, financial tracking and change management claims
- As the project wrapped up, they led the commissioning, deficiency walkthroughs and handover.
All areas of the lobby and atrium were enhanced, including floors, staircases, walls, and planters. The area was opened up with the strategic placement of upgraded lighting and glass half-walls leading to the stairs on the upper level. Seating areas were also reconfigured to make the space more conducive to working or meeting outside tenant offices.
The ability to oversee these projects internally provides us with many advantages, including greater control over quality and safety, and the control of finances to make sure we don’t go over budget. There is still the occasional hiccup as a material shortage caused a delay, but the bright and modern space was worth the wait.
There is immediate availability at both Atrium I and Atrium II. Find out more on our Property Listing page.